Anyone else ever feel like they are in a rut? You know....same thing...different day? I have felt that way with my jewelry designs for quite some time. While I always use beautiful artisan beads, I try to add a new technique often to help me feel like I am expanding my horizons. I dunno....
Here is an overall picture of what I have made the past couple of days. Lots of metal, with a few choice art beads added in for good measure.
So, first up is this cuff bracelet. I needed to make just one more tab setting to make sure it was not a fluke!
I just love how this one turned out. I riveted the tab setting to the cuff, before setting the tabs on the sterling disc.
I have quite the collection of artisan lampwork cabochons. First up is this lovely purple ammonnite made by Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads.
I silver bezel-set this beauty. It was going to be a pendant, but, I felt adventurous, crossed my fingers, and instead, made it into a ring.
I intentionally sized this on the small side - it fits perfectly on my mother's index finger....have I mentioned in the past that my mother is obsessed with purple??? Well...she is! She wore this all day yesterday!
Then, I happened upon this beautiful cab that I purchased from Kerry Bogert a couple of years ago. She no longer makes lampwork at this time (snif!), so it is special to me!
I soldered the ring ever so slightly off center - again - I wanted it to fit snugly on the index finger.
And it fits exactly how I wanted it to - but it may look like a mistake to the average customer. So, not sure this will sell.
Boy...do I need a manicure...and some hand lotion!
Anyway, I also made two spinner rings - each with a different hammered texture. Here is a close-up of one of the rings.
I kept the metal with silver on silver - I used a heavy gauge for the base ring and it is substantial - has quite the spin to it - great when sitting at a red light!
Lastly, I remade a bezel set pendant. I had this absolutely lovely Laguna Lace Agate cabachon from Lexx Stones. I originally set it in the most ugly setting possible (unintentional, of course):
I am almost embarrassed to show the picture above! I have not yet mastered asymmetry design - it's like I have a mental block. Anyway, I set this monstrosity aside for two months - disgusted with its outcome. Yesterday, I took it apart and remade the pendant.
Love the gallery wire - what a challenge to work with! I had done some research before using this particular bezel wire. It likes to "move" when you barely even touch it with a flame. So, I used some steel binding wire to "tie it together" while soldering. The back of a piece is as important as the front - well, at least it is in my eyes. So, I added a little copper sparkle.
This is going in my jewelry box!
I think a few of these items are good enough to go into my shop....practice..practice..practice.
Thanks for stopping by today - love to read your comments!!