Friday, December 9, 2011

New Jewelry with Unicorne Beads!

My last post went on and on about the recently acquired lamp work beads from several artisans.  It's Christmastime and the days are FULL of activity.  However, I was able to work with one set of beads from Unicorne (http://www.unicornebeads.com/).  This has to be one of my favorite color combinations - deep blue with a touch of green. I had the most beautiful set of blue/green crystals in my stash that match PERFECTLY to the lamp work beads.  In the photographs, the blue of the crystals turns a tad purple, but it's blue!

I could have just kept these lamp work beads on my table and stared at them all day for the rest of my life - they are so pretty!  In my next life, I'd like to make beads, but until then, I will just play with them!  My favorite metal to work with is sterling silver.  I hand forged a clasp from sterling silver for the necklace, and used hand made sterling ear wires for the earrings.  But I love the look of the antique silver plated clasp on the bracelet.





I hope to have time this weekend to play with some more beads!  Thank you for stopping by!

The 25% off Grand Opening Sale continues in my etsy shop!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, sterling silver is great with the deep blue beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful beads and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lori! Wish I could take credit for the colors....I have gone through my bead stash and most of the colors are in this palette...I must start branching out! PS: LOVE the new I-Phone case I got from you last week - it will be hard for me to gift this away!

    ReplyDelete