Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happily Ever After - with Erin Prais-Hintz

So here I was surfing Facebook a week or so ago, when Jennifer Justman of Souls Fire Design shared a link to this pendant:
Photo by Erin Prais-Hintz (her pictures are MUCH better than mine!)

I have admired Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati's  Simple Truth's Pendants forever. Each piece of handmade art tells its own story - I marvel at her attention to the intricate details!  This particular pendant is made from polymer clay, set in a bezel, hand stamped, painted, buffed....it is gorgeous! This pendant was created specifically for the Vintaj.com Storybook theme going on right now. You can read more about this exciting adventure on Erin's blog - here
 
My beautiful niece, Rachel, is getting married on May 12th....so I had to have it! I made the jewelry for Rachel's eight bridesmaids already...you can read about that by clicking here.
I wish I had taken a picture of Erin's package - a pillow box with her signature key - it was so sweet!  In my haste of opening the package, I did not take a picture (I'll just have to place another order!)  She also included a very nice card - it felt like Christmas and I was receiving a gift!  If you are reading this Erin, thank you...your presentation is stellar!
Anyway, I received it on Wednesday and was so excited to create with this little treasure!  This is what I created:


The colors of this pendant looked vintage and I wanted to keep that feeling in the piece.  I happened to have some beautiful Swarovski pearls in my stash.  I made a "pearl chain" using Vintaj brass wire.  Instead of using jump rings, I deconstructed a vintaj brass chain and used the individual links from a Vintaj to connect the pearl links. 

I found some small, cranberry colored pearls in my HUGE stash, as well.  I wanted to bring out the cranberry color in the "crown" from the pendant...just in touches throughout the necklace.  So, I used some antique brass bead caps and very fine brass headpins to make tiny little flowers.
I wire wrapped 3 more "pearl flowers" to the bottom of the pendant.

Unlike her Aunt Patti, Rachel has been blessed with a long, slender neck and she wears the longer-style earrings beautifully!






Rachel loved her gift!  Thank you, Erin, for creating such inspiring designs!

PS:  Blogger has been giving me fits all weekend!  I had to write this post 5 times, as it would just disappear while I was typing! I don't even want to discuss the problem I am having with line spacing....ugh!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. That is just marvelous Miss Patti! I love the beautiful set that you created for Rachel. And what a special meaning it will have as she starts out her new life. Thank you for letting me play a small part in bringing joy to Rachel. The glory goes to your design!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    P.S. I just have to correct one thing... the bezel setting is not Vintaj. But this was created specifically for the Vintaj.com Storybook theme going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, loved this post! I agree - Erin's handmade pendants, the Simple Truths line really comes from the heart and is full of beautiful details. What a perfect pendant - I can see why it caught your eye right away! I LOVE what you created with it- from the colors, to the pearl flowers. That subtle pop of color is so eye-catching! And I know exactly what you mean about Erin's packaging - it is in a league of its own, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a great pendant choice for a wedding!
    I love Erin's Simple Truths pendants as well! Just got me one last week - a Motley Owl.

    ReplyDelete