Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I am going to ArtBliss!


I am so very excited!  I just registered and signed up for my classes at ArtBliss in September! This is an awesome venue created by Jeanette Blix and Cindy Wimmer. I was lucky enough to have attended the inaugural ArtBliss a couple of years ago- I took one class - K.reating A.rt B.eads with Kerry Bogert .  At the time, I had only been involved in making jewelry for less than a year. I knew no -one there, I did not read but two-three blogs, did not have a blog...you get the picture.   However, I happened upon Kerry's book, Totally Twisted at my local bead store in Occoquan, Virginia, and I instantly became hooked on lampwork beads.  This class was so much fun - I still do not have a kiln but am planning to get one next year, fingers crossed!  Kerry is an excellent teacher and I am excited to be signed up for her class entitled True Colors: Cold-Worked Bezels & Colorful Camouflage!

I pre-ordered her next book, Rustic Wrappings, and am patiently awaiting its delivery in July! The class I signed up for includes a project from this book.

I have to mention that Totally Twisted  is also what changed my jewelry designs from basic stringing to include wire - Kerry's book demonstrates how easily it is to enhance any design!  

Starfish by SuburbanGirlBeads

Love to make my own clasps with wire!

Anyway, the only problem I have with the ArtBliss venue is that I truly want to take ALL of the classes with all of the talented instructors!  Alas, unless I am cloned between now and then, 3 will have to do!

Won't you join me?!

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I am taking Kerry's class on Friday - her Snaptastic class is awesome (if you are looking for recommendations). Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Patti! I will be there all day Saturday, taking Diane Cook's bracelet class, and then Stacie Florer's metal beads. Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join yo Patti but alas,it's a little far for me to travel - but one day...
    I'm sure you'll have a great time and learn loads of new things (which I can then borrow!:0) - I love Kerry's books too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, we are so thrilled that you are making it back to artBLISS again this year...it will be a like a reunion with many of us from this blogging community. Thank you for helping us spread the word about the September event! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll miss seeing you, but maybe we can meet up one day at Intergem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Did you get your cocktail for the blog hop? It is Black & Tan. I'm having tech problems :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you will be joining us again in the fall, Patti!! It will be here before we know it. But first, lets savor our summer...enjoy all these wonderful warm days and summer fun!

    ReplyDelete