Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New stuff

Do you ever have a hard timing naming things...like, your jewelry, or your blog title?  Sigh...I do.

Anyway, just trudging along here.  I had a sale in my shop last week and one extremely lovely lady purchased 17 items in one fell swoop- talk about shock!  Anyway, Miracle Horse Rescue received a nice big donation last week - thank you to everyone who purchased from me - my best sale ever!

So, I have to fill the shop up!  This is what I have made, the past couple of weeks.



I have been twisting some heavy gauge copper wire lately, just love this look!


This pair features hand cut and textured bead caps, made from scraps, and lovely artisan lampwork.  The artisan beads were gifted to me from Sue Kennedy, though she is not positive of the maker.  Thank you, Sue!


The earrings above are the LONGEST earrings I have ever made, LOL! I soldered some sterling balls to the bottom - which I melted from scrap silver and then textured with my hammer.  Though long, these are incredibly lightweight - so slender, that the length is actually more dramatic than a heavier earring, if that makes any sense!


The pretty Bali Beads I added make for a great mixed-metal look.


These gorgeous turquoise baubles (love that name) from Scorched Earth have been topped with some handmade charms.  I cut some ovals from copper sheet, hand stamped, and then added just the slightest curve - so much more dimension than if the charm was left flat.


More Scorched Earth!  The intensity of the blue is just amazing.  These Czech Glass nuggets matched perfectly, too.



Kristi Bowman makes beautiful components!  Those above are made from white copper clay - so reminiscent of antiqued silver or pewter!



The bracelet above features a gorgeous lampwork focal handmade and donated to me by Mallory Hoffman.  The colors are fantastic for this time of year, too!  I have been making quite a bit of this handmade, mixed metal chain lately.


I made another bracelet with copper tubing - the first one sold.  This time around, it is truly mixed metal, right down to the chain.  See...more of this chain!



The bracelet above features a beautiful focal made by Lea Avorch.  I won this bead from a Facebook Group that was having a giveaway.  My pictures do not do justice to this lovely bead - the silvered ivory base looks like rock, and the green swirls of glass look like gemstones. Flashy!  The two, peridot green lampwork beads on the sides were part of the gift of beads I received from Sue - thanks again, Sue!



Bangles will always be my favorite jewelry item to make - I don't know why...it might be all that banging of the metal!  These bangles feature two twists - so happy I figured out the mathematics for how to do this!


I usually solder the bangles closed, but this time, I tried rivets.  Love, love, love these!  That little rivet brings even more texture to the bangle, and I am always yearning for more texture!


A couple of blog posts ago, I posted pictures of my completed Riveted Circle Link necklace.  Well, I felt confidant yesterday, so I made a sterling silver bracelet.  This time, the bracelet links are much smaller than the necklace links.  I LOVED making the bracelet, but man, it is a lot of work  - and worth it! :)


I even felt brave enough to solder the little jump rings that are attached to the toggle - love how this one turned out!  It is intended for a friend, if I ever get around to putting it in the mail!.

This sterling silver riveted bracelet above is 100% inspired by Deborah of Cold Feet Studio.  OMG - her work is no less than A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, and she also donates all her proceeds from her jewelry sales to Charity.  Recently, she posted this tutorial on her blog, which I did not even see until two or three days after I started the riveted copper necklace.  So inspiring was this post, that I knew I had to attempt the bracelet!

Anyway, this is what I have been up to lately.  Tomorrow, summer returns for hopefully one last hurrah (interpretation: hot and humid), and then the temperatures will DROP.  Yeah!  Sarge and I love Fall weather the best...actually, give me snow and I am happy!  Friday I will be in the dental chair for hours - I broke a 5-tooth bridge two weeks ago, and the Quick Fix by dentist did not work.  Ugh.

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful rest of the week!

xo
Patti

12 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start! Your jewelry is so sophisticated, so exceptionally beautiful, so exquisitely Patti Vanderbloemen! The twisted metal is glorious, fluid & elegant -- I want to feel it right through the computer! Jewelry that feels good -- oh, that's a gift!

    Everything is beautiful. true beauty. The twisted earrings with lampwork gifted from Sue (artist unknown), the twisted bangles, the twisted mixed metal bracelet -- oh my!

    And your Scorched Earth earrings! I see how you've even added gold above the Czech, mirroring the rich blue ceramic beads' colorway of the gentlest touch of gold. Your curved handcrafted charms and SE beads, your Kristi earrings with pretty dangles -- and everywhere -- your perfect wraps. I love looking at your wraps; and as I wrap, I often think of yours, aiming to make mine as well!

    Then the mesmerizing wows -- your Lea Avroch (I have her focals too - I know what you mean! how they dance with light!) bracelet with those glowing peridot SueBeads lampwork treasures (like walking along the beach in Hawaii and finding peridot glowing in the sand) and cool silver chain! And another wow -- your Mallory Hoffman tube bracelet with the sweetest bird clasp and those gorgeous links! I'm inspired!

    And the rivets! Totally cool. So fab. How I long to rivet! And the excellent tutorial link.

    I'm so excited someone bought 17 items! Of course they did -- what a joy for all. Good luck at the dentist. Lots of love your way. And gratitude for your amazing jewelry! I know I've gone on here -- but what an exciting post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see your wonderful designs and read about the success of your fundraising, Patti :) I'm certain the rescue organization must be thrilled with your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a lot of wonderful....stuff! You know I'm loving your long, twisty earrings, but my favorites are the ones with lavender under Kristi's white copper. Your bracelet with the tube bead is not only lovely, but it's also giving me some ideas for some of those longer beads I have been lollygagging with...But those rivets.... ! I got to practice in a workshop with a few last month, and using a bracelet mandrel, I could actually achieve a few, but I don't think I'll be brave enough to attempt what you did for quite a while. I really do love the variety you're achieving with all the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every piece you made is so wonderful---I admire each and every one. You just keep getting better and better! Congratulations on your wonderful sale---I'll bet she is enjoying everything she bought so very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, your work just keeps growing in leaps and bounds! I love the twisted wire effect you are using. And the riveted bracelet is really a nice take on the link bracelet. Kudos to you for making your own clasp, especially when Deborah's bracelet (in the tutorial) was finished with a commercial clasp. After all the work that goes into a handmade chain, the piece deserves a handmade clasp, and you knew it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Your jewelry gets better and better! I love the twisted wire! That riveted bracelet is so beautiful. I love everything!!
    Good luck with the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm just going to say 'ditto Rita'...except for the 'longing to rivet' part...:)
    Looking at your work makes me feel good. The designs flow and capture all those warm fuzzy feelings that keeps me fired up about jewelry. High five girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed by your posts as you list beautiful pieces one after the other! I am absolutely in LOVE with your twisted metal ... the style is luscious and gorgeous! such beautiful work as always Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Riveted Circle Links are getting to be my favorties along with the gorgeous wire wrapping on the beads! Just loving visits to your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always learning and enjoying from all of your posts! Love the tips on photography and always love to see your newest jewelry. The new photos look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great tips and beautiful eye candy! I'm off to find an 18% gray card :-D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete