Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crafter's Devotional-Trying to Spark my Creativity


Elisabeth (Beads for Busy Gals) and Patty (My Life Under the Bus) seem to be in the same boat that I am....I seem to have lost my inspiration, which led me to think "did I ever really have any inspiration in the first place?:  Scary thoughts...

So, I joined their group aptly entitled Crafter's Devotional (click on Elisabeth's link above to read about it). I bought the book from Amazon.com, because I am the laziest person in the world and HATE driving anywhere in Northern Virginia.  Those who live in this area feel my pain.  I received the book the other day.  While I have not had a ton of time to read it, I have paged through it.  The book tells me to "Write a Journal".  Hello?  Do you know how long it took me to just start this blog????

But, I actually got in my car, went to Staples, and bought a Journal today.  It's plain - not decorative by any means, and it may even stay that way.  But it's a start.  I even have thoughts of what my Journal posts will include.  Of course, until I actually sit down and write in it, they are just thoughts.

But, I am proud of myself nonetheless...'cause I bought a Journal.

4 comments:

  1. I think plain journals are actually the best kind. I receive lots of fancy journals as gifts and I'm always a little afraid to "ruin" them by writing inside. I have no fears about writing in a cheap journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the first tip how to get 30 hours of activity into a 24 hour day by any chance...? I'm dreadful at journals - I have all the best intentions but I never manage to last more than a couple of weeks. I wish you the best of luck although your work still seems pretty inspired to me...I bet your up-coming classes at Art Bliss will help too - something new to try and you know what they say about a change is as good as a rest. I've been pretty productive lately but I am beginning to feel a little jaded at times - maybe we just expect too much of ourselves - we're not robots after all. Good luck Patti, let me know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It is a big start just getting the book and the journal on hand :-) . I haven't done the Crafter's Devotional but I have done the Artists Way. It took me 9 months to do a 3 month course. Just take from it what you need. I chalk summer's lack of inspiration up to the heat and the loose schedule. It'll certainly come back to you. And your 75 bracelets are bound to spark your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh. I think we all go through this. I'm trying to learn to trust the lack of inspiration as part of the "process." It's not a fun part for me, though. All that self-doubt. A journal sounds like a good idea, but if you don't keep up with it, don't beat yourself up over it!

    ReplyDelete