Sunday, September 16, 2012

Yes - More Donated Bracelets for the Global Genes Gala!

Back to the bracelets!  Below are pictures of the 75 bracelets that I made and donated to the Global Genes Organization for their Tribute to Champions Gala to be held at the end of this month.  The September 27th event will recognize individuals and organizations that are working tirelessly to help millions of children and families impacted by over 7,000 different types of rare and genetic diseases.
 
My main supplier of lampwork beads was Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads - but I also used beads from other artisans, as noted below.
 
Click on the pictures for a larger view

Pretty pastel disc beads by Sue Kennedy
This set of beads by Sue Kennedy was made in varying tones of blues with flecks of silver, which I combined with man-made sea glass beads
Lovely swirled blue lampwork beads by Sue Kennedy, with man-made sea glass
I really love this baroque style bead from Sue, combined with more man-made sea glass beads
Tiny blue spacer beads from Pebble Dreams - I followed a tutorial for this design by Tracey Statler
Beautiful light green frit on these lampwork beads by Sue, and creamy white lampwork beads by Glass Bead Art.
These disc beads by Sue are so pretty - I love the frit on the edges!  And, they are hard for me to photograph!
I combined Sue's swirled lampwork beads with this ceramic set of beads by Sherri Mallery of Slingin' Mud.  I added a handmade, sterling silver shell charm, by Lesley Watt of THEAtoo.
Lovely beads accented with silver by Sue, and Swarovski silver plated findings
Beautiful boro glass-encased beads by Brenda Scata-she left ETSY, so I no longer have a link :(.  I added some tiny Czech glass flowers as dangles.
Man made sea glass and Swarovski crystals
These are gorgeous handmade beads by Kaz Baildon of Cheeky Cherub Designs
Beautiful hues of blue beads by Sue Kennedy, with antique brass elements
Pretty lampwork beads by Sue Kennedy, which have been accented with silver
Thanks again to the artists for creating such beautiful works of art! :)

I encourage you to find out more about the Global Genes project by clicking the link below. 



Thank you for stopping by!  I love to read your comments!

8 comments:

  1. Patti you are amazing! And such a beautiful way to give some love to the mothers of these kids. Hats off to you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am surprised you are not tired of blue bracelets.Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces Patti, and what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone would be so pleased to be the owner of any of your beautiful bracelets. They are all stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, Patti... Sue makes such exquisite beads, doesn't she? You are an inspiration. I am planning to donate to 7000 BOH, but I am not as speedy as you are LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beauty in blue Patti - are you suffering withdrawal symptoms yet...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made such awesome bracelets and for such a good cause. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are simply amazing, Patti!

    ReplyDelete