This is my 100th blog post! I have had this little blog since November 2011, and I have only written 100 posts! I must rectify that this year! Thank you to everyone who has ever read my blog - and I relish every single comment! Keep reading - there is giveaway at the end of this post...but first, this is what I have been up to lately:
I am currently taking the Aspire to Wire e-class from Kerry Bogert
- 30 wire wrapping projects in 30 days. O.M.G.! It is so much fun! She is a wire-wizard and an excellent teacher! I have had the pleasure of taking 2 of her classes at artBLISS
, and I also took her e-class - Snaptastic. I cannot say enough good things about Kerry!
Her first project entailed her two-tone wire wrapping technique. So far, I have made two necklace / bracelet / earrings sets with some lovely jasper I have been hoarding.
Kerry also uses beautiful colored wire - but I used copper and sterling to go with this set - which immediately went to my mother after I showed it to her!
Yes ...another set made with more jasper.
I have also been working with some amazing lampwork beads from Donna Millard
I made some of the most awesome bead caps for this necklace, shown below, with my new dapping tool.
The tool creates a concave circle, as illustrated above, and in the bead below. Isn't this cool?!
I really love this affect!
***UPDATE ON THE GIVEAWAY! CONGRATS TO SHIRLEY MOORE!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO LEFT A COMMENT - IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! *************
If you are still with me after all these pictures, THERE IS A GIVEAWAY
to celebrate my 100th blog post! I will be giving away this bracelet I made with gorgeous handmade lampwork beads by Unicorne
and sterling silver:
There is also one spiral-wrapped Czech glass bead to round it out - the clasp is also handmade, and is wrapped with a tiny purple Czech bead. The silver has been oxidized in liver of sulfer and tumbled. But the beads....oh the beads...they have a beautiful shimmer and a lovely texture!
Here's what you need to do for a chance to win this silver bracelet:
1. Just leave a comment on this blog post.
2. Follow me on my blog (if you are already a follower, let me know in your comments-this will count as an extra chance to win).
3. Subscribe by email to my blog posts (again, if you already subscribe to my feeds, let me know in your comment for an extra chance to win).
4. Share the link to my blog post on Facebook - and let me know you have done this for the extra chance to win.
Please make sure I can reach you via email
to let you know that you have won! Winner will be announced sometime on Sunday, January 20th.
Thank you for stopping by!