I recently participated in Lori Anderson's 5th Bead Soup Blog Party....an awesome blog hop, in and of itself. In addition to wracking my brain in how to use my bead soup received from my partner, I got to hop around and see all of the wonderful creations by designers located all around the world.
I visited every blog, read each post (that was the fun part for me.....reading about everyone's "design process"), and I left a comment on 98% of the blogs (my attempts to leave comments for the remaining 2% proved fatal...blogger just did not cooperate)!
While visiting a designer located in Germany, Ms. Sabine Dietrich, I left a comment on her wonderful design. (Side note- Sabbine was Sally Russick's 5th BSBP partner-she is also multi-talented!) She was also hosting a give away of a lovely necklace that she made, including the lamp work beads! Shortly thereafter, I received an email that I was selected as a winner! This is what I received:
The necklace was neatly packaged in the most awesome envelope! I am simply assuming that she made this - regardless...it is so cool! It's made out of some sort of heavy duty felt-type fabric that has been embossed with a sweet flower design....great protection for the contents:
Look at the bead made directly on the antique key!!! This just blows my mind!
Not only are Sabine's lamp work and wire work skills (hand made bail!) exceptional....she included silk fibers....I CANNOT do this! I am so impressed by the color matching of the beads to the silk! Isn't this just beautiful!!?
Last but not least, she attached a handmade lamp work bead onto a zipper pull, and included this on her business card. I found this to be an extremely nice touch!
Thank you so much, Sabine! Your attention to detail is phenomenal and I am most grateful for your generosity!
Thanks for stopping by!
Lucky you Patti, what a haul!!! Beautiful!ReplyDelete
Wow, what a lucky lucky girl you are. The necklace is gorgeous and I'm with you -- what a key!ReplyDelete
Congrats! Stunning necklace.ReplyDelete
Congrats on the surprise, Patti! It is always such a neat treat to find out you won a blog give away! The necklace is really beautiful - bet you'll wear it often!ReplyDelete
I just came back from my holiday and found your post about my Give Away. Thank you so much for your kind words!
I wouldn't have though about you being so happy with it. That makes me feel very happy!