Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Full Circle

I have been on an earring-making kick lately.  The first pair, below, features gorgeous lampwork glass pillows - jet black with splashes of color - love these!  I added a soldered and stamped sterling silver hoop.  The lovely lampwork beads were donated by Mallory Hoffman (Rosebud on Etsy).  Thanks again, Mallory!!



Last week, I actually had an earring idea in my sleep.  I have no idea if I was influenced by a design I saw elsewhere (which is quite possible with Pinterest), but I had to try it.  




A length of brass wire soldered to a length of copper wire, forged into a ring/hoop shape, and soldered again.  I then stamped the metal and wrapped the center connection with sterling and balled the ends of the silver in a flame.   I love these!  They sold from my Etsy site in less than an hour, and I had incredible feedback on Facebook.  I was flabbergasted!  So, I made another pair yesterday and added them to my shop.

I don't like to duplicate too many designs for so many reasons, but I wanted to see how silver and copper would look - so I made this pair...which sold in less than 15 minutes - yeah!!




The brass coils photograph much brighter than "real life" - not sure why!  But, I am really liking mixing the metals together.

This last pair feature twisted silver - 14 gauge.  I really love this pair - I actually kept one pair for myself.  I tend to wear simple jewelry...when I wear it!



My niece, Sarah is getting married this Saturday.  OMG, where did the time go!!  Kevin, her intended, is a sweet guy and I could not be happier for them both!

I titled this post Full Circle - not just for the hoops, but I remember the day this little girl was born!  My sister checked into the hospital at 12:02 AM and she called me at 4:00 AM to announce "it's a girl".  Sigh...

Gonna be busy around here the next few days, and I am sure it will be one big blur!

Photo swiped right off of Sarah's Facebook page - hah!
Thanks for stopping by - Happy Wednesday!

xo

Patti

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! I love all the earrings but the idea of soldering two metals together is just too cool!! I love it.
    I know you'll have a great time at the wedding. Hopefully the weather won't be too unbearable.
    Thanks for the comment on my bracelet. That stuff is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new earrings and your niece is darling! Have fun at the wedding and best of luck to them! Lynn Carling

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful metal work! love the mixed metals and the twists!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ALL of the earrings. Great work as usual and a big Thank You for sharing this with us! Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your 2-metal earrings, have you thought about using the circles as links in a chain? That would look pretty amazing I think!

    ReplyDelete