Friday, June 24, 2016

Proof that Artists have the kindest hearts!


Over the past few years, I have been blessed with beads and charms, donated to me by fellow artists. I donate all proceeds from my jewelry to Miracle Horse Rescue, and these artists - many of whom make these beads as their full time job - selflessly give these beads to me (a source of income for them!) in the hopes that I can create a piece of jewelry to benefit the horses. Jan Onipenco is one of these artists.

Today, I would like to share a different kind of donation.  Jan recently took up the art form of needle felting.  While I have seen images of these darling 3-D creations on the Internet, I was totally baffled as to how they are created.  So, I googled "Needle Felting" and was entranced by this process! 

In totally simplified terms, needle felting uses a sharp needle to turn wool roving into 3-D objects. The wool is agitated - with this fine needle - so that it sticks together, creating a solid fabric. While I have not tried this art form (yet!), the creativity in the final product is only limited by the imagination of the artist.

Well, Stephanie and Rob of Miracle Horse Rescue recently had a new addition to the family --- his name is Dusty!  Here is a recent picture of Dusty - with Emma (the beautiful little girl who now has a necklace with her name on it!)  Emma is Stephanie's grand daughter - she has the most contagious smile!  Millie - Dusty's mom - is also in the background, too!



And, here is Dusty's replica, completely handcrafted by Jan.




He is ADORABLE!


The auction for this beautiful work of art starts online today (June 24) and runs through Sunday (June 26).  If you are so inclined, please stop by the Miracle Horse Rescue Face Book page (link here)  and place a bid!

Now...Jan did not stop with her generous donation of "Dusty". An artist with many facets, she recently began her journey of making jewelry pendants and charm from resin, with gorgeous inclusions of nature, prints, and other decorations.


The two below are my favorites - :)


I am going to attempt (key word!) to bezel set these pendants in sterling for necklaces and/or possibly a bracelet - I also see a pair of earrings in the making!

I am forever grateful to the artist community for their generosity - THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH JAN!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

xo
Patti

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I just love Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy Greco-SawenkoJune 24, 2016 at 4:27 PM

    Thank you, Jan. Just as horses are artistry in motion, you and Jan's Creations Are Just As Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing! Jan is such a lovely artist - had the pleasure of meeting her at bead fest 2 years ago. But then you are amazing too Patti - you tirelessly give to the Miracle Horse Ranch

    ReplyDelete