Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bead Swap# 7 and # 8 - with Moobie Grace Designs

My bead swap results continues!  Today's package of goodies contained the following beads, generously given to me by Tania of Moobie Grace Designs (click on the pictures to get a better view):


I ended up making three pairs of earrings from these gorgeous lampwork beads.

Turns out that the colors in the disc beads were a perfect complement to the round beads! So, I wire wrapped with silver wire the discs and  rounds to make these fun earrings.  I added sterling spacer beads and hand forged ear wires.

These colors and textures formed in these beautiful grey lentil beads remind me of the mountains with a stream running below.  I formed a flower with some enameled bead caps and ear wires, from Sue Kennedy, and some brass bead caps I had on hand.

I wanted to keep these earrings simple - loving the teal and red together - so I just added small oval silver beads.

The next bead pouch contained a stunning toggle and 2 charms, all made by Tania:


The fuchsia charms are so vibrant and have pops of blue and orange added - look at the details!  Anyway, they stumped me for a while, as this is not a color palette that I have used before!  However, I have been hoarding  buying quite a few Tangerine Tango beads lately, so I found two in my stash - these are from GlassBeadArt - and made some fun and funky earrings.



My last piece is a bracelet made with the beautiful taupe toggle.  I combined some gorgeous raku beads from Duane Collins of Elements Pottery.  I also wired-up another flower charm, with enameled componets made by Sue Kennedy.


The raku beads are just gorgeous - a picture cannot capture all of the beautiful colors!

I am almost done with my soup ingredients!  Thank you again Tania, and Lori Anderson for organizing this amazing, impromptu swap!

Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My! When I see a post like this with so many pieces of jewelry, I usually zone in on one that really grabs me. But in this case, they ALL grabbed me! Each earring and bracelet is so incredibly beautiful and fun in their own fabulous way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work! When you get fun beads the first thing you want to do is play with them!

    ReplyDelete